The DEH-80PRS CD receiver features audiophile grade internal components and materials that are carefully selected to achieve Pioneer's highest standards for the ultimate in sound quality. Pioneer’s exclusive sound field technologies including Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment help optimize audio in ways that perfectly suit particular listening spaces and allow subtle manual control of settings. Versatile connectivity helps deliver exceptional sound quality from various digital devices.
Burr-Brown® 24-bit D/A Converters: Three Burr-Brown digital to analog converters are used - one each for the high, mid, and low frequency ranges - providing exceptional linear sound reproduction with wide dynamic range and faithful reproduction of the original source
Four-Layer Circuit Board Design: Utilizing a four layer copper foil board with components mounted to both sides of the board allows for a circuit board with a much smaller footprint. The inside layers of the circuit board are dedicated to the power and ground supply traces, which allow for lower overall circuit impedance and greatly reduce noise.
Full-Custom High-Capacitance Power Supply Capacitor: Custom-built capacitors in the power supply keep sound clear and consistent. Exclusive parts are developed and tuned for optimal sound quality through a thorough review of materials and repeated listening trials.
Sound Master Clock Circuitry: Timing is everything. Our new Sound Master Clock generates waveforms that read and process digital signals with extraordinary precision - eliminating jitter. Finely detailed signals can be accurately reproduced as they were intended.
28-bit Binary Floating-Point DSP: Handling a wider range of complicated calculations than a standard fixed-point DSP, Pioneer's 28-bit binary floating-point DSP along with the use of advanced programming technology allows for highly precise sound processing and tuning without degrading the source's digital signal.
- 3-Way Digital Network: The DEH-80PRS features a 3-Way Digital Network, connecting (via three 5V RCA preouts) up to three external amplifiers, each dedicated to driving high-, mid- and low-frequency ranges, respectively. The result: more distinct separation of the three frequency ranges, for more full, natural sound realizing more of each speaker’s potential in a multi-speaker system.
- L/R Independent 16-Band Digital Equalizer: The L/R Independent 16-Band Digital Equalizer is excellent at overcoming in-vehicle frequency response peaks and troughs. With fine tuning adjustments at 2/3 octave steps, tailoring the frequency curves to generate a flat response is possible in any type of car.
- Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ: Time alignment automatically estimates the delay from each speaker to the driver’s position and adjusts speaker sound output timing, so that sound from all speakers reaches the driver’s ears in perfect sync. Auto EQ tailors specific musical characteristics according to preference, uses a microphone to monitor and analyze acoustics, then automatically fine-tunes all frequency bandwidths and front and rear speaker digital parametric equalization. These processes occur in 399 seamless steps in just about 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Time Alignment: Not only can this function precisely adjust each speaker’s output timing according to its distance from the listening position – it is also adaptable to a 3-way multi-amplifier and speaker system.
A Better-Than-Ever Listening Experience
Pandora® is personalized internet radio that is designed to help you discover new music that you'll love mixed in with music that you already know. With the DEH-80PRS, you can enjoy superior sound quality and full control of the Pandora experience in your car directly from the receiver. You are able to give tracks "thumbs up" or "thumbs down," bookmark a song so you can purchase it later, easily switch between your personalized radio stations, and view full track data.
In-dash control for Pandora is compatible with Apple iOS. Simply download the free Pandora Radio app to your iPhone® or iPod® Touch and connect it to the DEH-80PRS with the CD-IU51 interface cable (sold separately) and take your music to the next level. For more information and to sign up for a free account please visit www.pandora.com.
Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
Stay safe and obey local hands-free laws with built-in Bluetooth® (HFP). With Secure Simple Pairing, you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DEH-80PRS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
If you have a compatible audio player device that also features built-in Bluetooth, you have the ability to wirelessly stream (A2DP) and control audio (AVRCP) to the receiver.
USB Direct Control for iPod/iPhone
Pioneer's DEH-80PRS is ready to roll with direct connectivity to your iPod or iPhone for audio playback via the optional USB interface cable (CD-IU51 interface cable sold separately). Song, artist, time and album information are displayed on the full dot LCD display. Powerful tools such as Link Play and Alphabet Search to help you find content faster. The system's wired USB connection provides direct digital signal transfer from the device for clean, clear sound while providing 1 amp of current to keep your iPod/iPhone charged.
Dual rear USB ports allow connection of 2 compatible USB devices so you will never run out of source options. For example, you can connect an iPod to USB1 and a compatible USB hard disk drive to USB2.
With App Mode you can enjoy listening to the content on select compatible apps directly on the receiver fom a connected iPhone or iPod Touch. Limited controls such as track forward or reverse may be executed from the receiver.
Note: Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide limited, if any, control over the app.
Match the display and key illumination to your vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination in any car. The key illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations.
- Full Dot LCD Display (192 x 48 pixels, 3-line)
- Built-In MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier
- 3 Sets of Hi-Volt RCA Preouts (5V) for System Expansion
- Dual 16-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Auto EQ (CD-MC20 required)
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
- Wired Remote Input
- Included Remote Control
- Anti-Dust Design
- Flap Face
- Detachable Face Security™